First impressions matter. In today’s digital world it is your website that makes the first impression. The average lifespan of a well-designed website is only 3-7 years max. When was the last time you hit refresh on your website? Here are 5 ways to tell that your website is ready for an update.
1. It’s Not Responsive. This is the #1 reason you probably need to redesign your site. More searches in the U.S. now take place on mobile devices than on desk or laptops. What was once a nice-to-have is now a must-have. A non-responsive website also means your SEO will take a hit which, in turn, hurts sales. Sixty-two percent of companies that redesigned their site to be more responsive saw a related increase in sales.
2. It’s Outdated. Today’s best websites focus on user experience, not hard selling. Flash, long navigation menus, and cluttered home pages are a thing of the past. In their place is a less-is-more design approach that uses responsive animation and fewer stylistic elements.
3. It Lacks Integration. If your social media accounts aren’t linked to your website, you’re missing out on a wealth of prospects. Adding Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram integration to your site is easy to do and the payoffs are huge.
4. It Ranks Low on Search Engines. If your website has fallen to the bottom of search results, it’s a sure indication you’re working with outdated technology and less than stellar content (think keyword stuffing). Your website must adapt to the most up-to-date SEO practices, including the use of fresh, high-quality content that search engines can crawl with ease.
5. It No Longer Reflects Your Brand. If you’ve outgrown or changed the direction of your brand, you most definitely need an updated website. Your brand is more than your logo and tagline – it is your organization’s overall identity. Your website is your online identity and should reflect your brand’s vision.
If any of these 5 signs describe your current website, a redesign is definitely in order!